Skateboarding, Long Distance Relationship, Music, and other randomness

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Music Wednesday: Great songs for Long Distance Couples.

It's still musically relevant OK?! :P These are the songs I listen to when I miss my girlfriend.... which is every.freaking.day! Enjoy. :)

Starting with Far Away by Nickleback... yes, I KNOW it's Nickleback, but this song is great... I only just recently started listening to it because it's one one of the CD's my lovely girlfriend burned for me.



#2 She is by The Fray.... it's so perfect for me!



#3 The Distance by Hot Chelle Rae.... because it's obvious. :P My favorite line, "The distance is what's killing me, time and space have become the enemy, and what I need, is so far away." That line hits close to home..


#4 By Your Side by Lifehouse.... not really a long distance song but it gives you hope for them to be "by your side" eventually. :) 


#5 Come Home by One Republic.... not to get confused with One Direction. I need her to come home where she should be. :/


#6 Tomorrow and Forever by One Step Away... he only says, "I'm running just as fast as I can, to get to you across town..." Not really long distancem but I use it as a metaphor. Me working this job I'm in now is like "running across town" to see her, where she's so close and yet so far.















#7 I Can't Wait by Runner Runner not really a long distance song either, if at all... but for those who love your signifant other so much you want to marry them, this song is PERFECT. By far one of my favorites. :)



#8 Anywhere But Here by Safetysuit..... "I'd rather be anywhere but here without you" I think we all feel like that... 



#9 Set Fire to the Third Bar..... self explainable.... this song is obviously long distance. First paragraph sums it up.. "I find the map and draw a straight line
Over rivers, farms, and state lines
The distance from 'A' to where you'd be
It's only finger-lengths that I see

I touch the place where I'd find your face"




















#10 Wait For Me by Theory of a Deadman.... the fact our significant other is willing to wait for us like we are for them is simply a gift within itself, this song does a great job showing that. :)




#11 All or Nothing by Theory of a Deadman.... "We got our backs against the ocean
It's just us against the world,Looking at all or nothing...Babe it's you and I".... we all take on these long distance relationships with hope and passion. This song shows that passion in them vs. the world.


















#12 and lastly Perfect for Me by Ron Pope. There's a reason why we stay in these LDR's, there's something really special about that person that keeps you fighting to make it work. For me, my girlfriend is perfect for me in every way. There's a line in the song that hits the heart HARD.... especially with all that my girlfriend and I have been through... "It's not always easy, but somehow our love stays strong, if I can make you happy, then this is where I belong" I feel it fits LDR's well because they're not easy.... it takes a lot of time and effort but when a person is perfect for you, you fight to keep that love strong. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment