Skateboarding, Long Distance Relationship, Music, and other randomness

Saturday, December 22, 2012

Saturday serious post: Being drug and alcohol free.

First of all.... we survived the "apocalypse" so that's pretty cool It's a good thing too, I had to work.... nobody wants to spend their last day on earth working. -_-

Anyways... on to the situation at hand. I'm gonna do my post about being drug and alcohol free. It's a big part of my life and it's really important to me. If you drink or do drugs, now would be a good time to leave because this is pretty much going to be a rant. Unless you have an argument for why you do it...

Basically every kid learns from the start that drugs and alcohol are bad right; the drug free red bracelet days in elementary and middle school, the drug free assemblies, and parents. Well most times that stuff doesn't work because people sadly succumb to peer pressure. I watched a big amount of people whom I knew since elementary school, lose themselves to drugs. They became stupid and stopped caring about school altogether. Some I don't even think graduated. While maybe some of their home lives were bad, I don't believe that drugs/alcohol is the solution to fixing things. Friends or passions have a big influence on the way you feel. I figured out through skateboarding that it pretty much fixes everything. Everyone should find just one thing they love to do even if they aren't good at it. You'd be surprised as to how much a passion for something can make a difference.

I've been anti-drug since day 1. It was only in these past several months that I became so against alcohol. And by against, I don't mean that I shun people who do it. I am friends with people who drink and have smoked weed. Anyways, the reason for me being so anti-alcohol lately is because of the fact a lot of things have happened around it. I can't go into detail but it's basically ruined my views on it. I've seen it completely change a person.... it influences actions that you'd never even think of happening. I've decided that my only reason for wanting to drink is if it's for celebratory purposes with something like wine. And I WILL NOT get drunk. I think people act like complete morons when they are drunk and they lose all sense of control within themselves. I'll be honest, it's not easy to stay sober. When you're around a bunch of people that are drinking and you're the only sober one, you tend to feel out of place. Recently I moved in with two roommates, both of whom drink. They had a few people over the other night to drink with them and play beer pong. I try to hang around them being sober, but I can't for very long. I just get irritated with their actions. They are loud and dumb and I worry that living in an apartment complex, we'll get a noise complaint. If that happens, they can get caught for underage drinking and the fact that I live with them, I can get in trouble of "guilty by association", even if I haven't had an ounce of alcohol.

So that's essentially my rant and views on drugs and alcohol. I'm against doing them but I'm not completely against people WHO do them.... it's their life to screw over, so I'll sit back enjoy a longer life span not destroying my body.

If you have any arguments, don't hesitate to show me. I'm all ears and am open to discussion.

Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment