Skateboarding, Long Distance Relationship, Music, and other randomness

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Music Wednesday: Crown The Empire

I ALMOST skimped on this post.... I have 50 mins exactly before it's technically tomorrow so this is still a music wednesday post thus making it NOT late. Whoot! XD

Anyways, there's this awesome metal band I only recently discovered. It's kind of a funny story. My friend Trevor and I were listening to the endless universe of music on YouTube and we saw "Crown The Empire" on the sidebar so we though, "Eh, why not give it a shot?" So we clicked on the song "The Fallout" and just.... well listen and need I say more?


This is the song that got me hooked. Now allow me to give a brief biography on them...

They started in July of 2010. Their EP is titled "Limitless" and their album "The Fallout" is their debut. So they are a very new band coming into the scene and I think that if they continue the awesome music they already have, they'll make it big in no time. They are on Rise Records and hail from Dallas Texas. It's really hard to figure out their genre because they are very unique. They are PROBABLY considered metalcore because of the screaming and cleans integrated together but they have an underlying "circus-y" theme which is totally badass. They also are smart with their vocals because they have two vocalists; one for cleans and one for screams. I believe that is smart because having one person doing screams and cleans would probably ruin cleans in a live show after a few songs because of the strain on their voice.

Members:

Andy Leo:  Vocals 
David Escamilla:  Vocals 
Brandon Hoover:  Guitar 
Ben V:  Lead Guitar 
Hayden Tree:  Bass 
Brent Taddie:  Drums 

And now a few of their songs...

"MakeShift Chemisty" One of my favorites!


"Johnny's Revenge" Awesome song! Very circus-y. :P


"Wake Me Up" Off of their EP "Limitless".... I know my girlfriend really likes this song. :P


"Memories of a Broken Heart" A softer song... still amazing. 


I think I gave a good rendition of their music. I could go on about how awesome they are, but I already know and you only have to discover for yourself. :)

Anyways, I'm going to go listen to some more "Crown The Empire" :P

3 comments:

  1. Good job dude. This sounds good.
    Mine will be better though. I'll have to figure out how, but it will be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wooooow..... conceited much. XD "Yeah it's good, but uhh.... you know..... mine will be better." Jeez...

      Delete
  2. Oh hey thanks. I'm definitely trying to keep up to the best of my ability. I appreciate your comment. And I totally like your blog! I am a big car fan myself. Mostly of older muscle cars... specifically Dodge and Plymouth.

    ReplyDelete