Skateboarding, Long Distance Relationship, Music, and other randomness

Monday, February 25, 2013

Saturday Randomness: Cars!

I may have never mentioned it, but I am a big fan of cars, but not only that.... I have a gift when it comes to cars. I can look at just about any car and name the Make and Model of it and I'm fairly decent at naming the year of it. I have always had a strong passion for cars. I grew up loving cars. My parents claim that I even learned to walk by pulling myself on my dad's truck tire. As cool as that sounds, I don't really believe it's true. As a kid, I always would play with hot wheels and make characters and I had my own little world with my hotwheels. I remember spending hours at a time never getting bored. I don't really know what got me being able to name Makes and Models so well but it's awesome to say the least. I spent about 6 years, from second grade until about the end of 8th grade/mid Freshman year, wanting to become a car designer like Chip Foose. I always drew cars and wanted to design and build them for a living.

I remember watching shows like "Monster Garage" and "Overhaulin" and always being fascinated by how cars worked and how they looked.

I would say that my main focus in cars, is muscle cars. I am a huge fan of Chrysler Corporation so I love Dodge and Plymouth muscle cars. My absolute dream car is a 1969 Dodge Charger R/T.

Side shot of one. 
Front.... streamlined and GORGEOUS.


My favorite part about the Charger is probably the back BECAUSE of the big tail-lights and tough look to it.
Even though I don't really have a desire to be a car designer any more, cars will always be a big part of my life. I still love going to car shows and cruises. I NEVER get tired of seeing a beastly muscle car. There's something about the way they sound, their raw power and torque, their tough streamlined look that I just can't get enough of. Unfortunately, I have never got to ride in or drive a muscle car, but I'm always wishing that someday I will. In all honesty, I am always going to be pushing to have a '69 Charger because it IS my dream car so I intend on owning one.

So I am 18 years old. I didn't get my first car until shortly before graduation. I actually am surprised with how nice of a first car I got. It's a 1996 Saturn SL1. It's not a fast car to say the least, but it is very nice looking. It runs exceptionally well for having almost 270,000 miles on it. It is a 5 speed 4 cylinder car so it is fun to drive. The only issues with it are the fact that I need to piston rings because I burn through oil in about 2-3 weeks time so doing an oil change is completely pointless. It also has bad window seals so my windows fog up easily in the cold and don't like to unfog until my car is warmed up and my defroster decides to work better. :P Here's my car....

After getting it detailed. Nice rims, custom tailights, custom exhaust, skateboarding stickers COVER my back window. 
4 cylinder. I have a Spectre Open air intake (The tube with the cone looking thing) .  Pushing MAYBE 115 hp at most.

Pioneer stereo and speakers. They sound pretty nice. The custom interior lights my dad did for me. Pretty toight!

So that's what I drive just about everyday. It may not be fast, but it is my car and I love it. :)

I don't know too much about the mechanics of cars though because I only took an intro to autp class and my dad hasn't really ever taught me anything. I do know the basics like oil changes, brakes, changing tires and engine components. I'm just not a real "whizz" when it comes to working on cars.

But anyways, that's my saturday post for this week. I would like to know some of your favorite cars, or would like to discuss cars with someone willing so as always, don't hesitate. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment