Skateboarding, Long Distance Relationship, Music, and other randomness

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Saturday Post: Today's a big day. 1/5/13

So about 3 weeks ago my Saturday post was about me moving out onto my own and how excited I was. Well, for the past few weeks living here, I learned a lot.

I had moved in about mid December and I paid them $100 for it because it was half a month (They were going to charge me $200 a month and I wasn't paying the landlord directly) But then they started asking me if I could pay $200 by the first of January which I couldn't do because I didn't have the funds until the 10th which is my payday. Thing about that is, they also wanted the $200 for the first of February too. My monthly income is around like $470, So I could do that except they started going off about how I needed to help pay my portion of the internet which is another $20, plus I hadn't accounted for the fact that I owed my parents $60 for my car insurance. (We both pay half for it) and THEN, I had an unexpected phone card expense which is ANOTHER $20 because it's the lifeline to whether I get contacted for a job or not, so inevitably, it is an important expense too. And then, I would have to worry about my food expenses. All of that puts me well over what I make and they didn't see that.

On top of all that though, they also are very heavy drinkers. On the first night that Colton moved in, they invited 2 friends over and all 4 of them got blackout drunk. It caused someone to take of Sierra's doorknob without any recollection of it. Plus they would always take the bathroom door off to play beer pong. This would go on until about 4-7 am. They seemed to neglect the fact that we were in an apartment, so at any time, we could have received a noise complaint which would also cause them to get caught for underage drinking. It wouldn't have been so bad for me except for the fact that my room was the living room. I had no bedroom door and no privacy. I had to stay up late because they had the disrespect to not let me sleep. Being the alcohol free guy I am, it's annoying to be around alcohol as a whole.... seeing what it would do to them makes me wonder why anybody finds that appealing, why being a complete moron, feeling sick, forgetting things because of blacking out, makes that image of drinking something you want to do.

Well because of all that has gone on in a mere 3 weeks and how difficult it's been to cope with it, I asked my parents if I could move back in with them. They are coming to help me pack up and move today and I am so happy. The reason I moved in the first place was because I had been quite a jerk to my family. I never helped out, I was lazy at finding a second job, I got in constant arguments with them, and I annoyed my sister all the time. This experience really put things in perspective for me. I took my family for granted and I showed a lack of appreciation towards them. I've become super motivated to find a second job and I've been working hard. I've already filled out and turned in around 10 applications and 3 resumes. I still have more to fill out. I also am going to be a much better son to my parents because they are taking the time to let me move back in with them. It's kind of sad I had to learn these things the hard way but in a way, I'm glad it happened. I've become a better person from this experience.

In the meantime, my friend Trevor is working on finding a job and him and I are going to try to room together. I know I can count on him to be a good roommate because he doesn't drink, is reliable, and has been a good friend since sophomore year.

Questions and comments are always appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment